Whitings Foods

Working Permits

If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have a current Work Permit on file with us. This is done prior to you starting work.

Whiting’s Foods will issue you a request for a permit, which is signed by a parent/legal guardian, and then given to the school Counseling Office. Your school will issue you the actual Work Permit, which you must turn in to us BEFORE you may begin working.

Work Permits must be renewed throughout your employment. When you receive your notice to renew your permit, please do so immediately. If your permit is not current, you may not be scheduled.

During the summer months, Work Permits are issued out of the Santa Cruz City Schools office, and the local high school(s) holding summer school.